Singapore Fashion Designers Contest, 16 August, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Eight aspiring Singapore designers will compete for this award. Each will present 12 outfits based on their ideas and inspirations. The top three winners will receive cash prizes of $15,000, $8,000 and $5,000 respectively. The first and second prize winners will also represent Singapore in the Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest on 19 August at 7pm.

Some of the better pics I took while at the event..... saw lots of photographers there. Probably quite a number from clubsnap. I was stuck at the very far end and had to shoot at ISO 400 cos my flash didn't have enough reach.....

enough excuses.... welcome the models!

aaa.jpg

1/640, F2.8

aab.jpg

1/640, F2.8

aac.jpg

1/640, F2.8

aad.jpg

1/640, F2.8

A company also took the opportunity to showcase their fashion....

aao.jpg

1/800, F4

aap.jpg

1/800, F4

aal.jpg

1/800, F4.5

aam.jpg

1/800, F4.5

Finally, mpenza, you got it! The highest level in photography. So, don't be so selfish, share more of this kind of photos!!! :angry: share! share! share!:bwhat: :gbounce:

added two more pics.

didn't know the pic would generate so much interest..... thought it's fairly common in fashion shows ;p would remove if anyone finds it objectionable.

Originally posted by mpenza
added two more pics.

didn't know the pic would generate so much interest..... thought it's fairly common in fashion shows ;p would remove if anyone finds it objectionable.

who will object?:angry: :angry:

please 'enjoy' this spot with a little profession please. With all due respect models are also earning their keep,and do not get shock if you see tits and asses on a catwalk. its all part of the job!:D

mpenza: One thing I am not sure is that, how can u get such a high shutter speed without underexposing?

007: I have high-resolution xxx shots of that model but deleted, why? they do not please my eyes;p

Originally posted by tomshen
mpenza: One thing I am not sure is that, how can u get such a high shutter speed without underexposing?

When using an external flash, exposure is controlled mainly using aperture. The shutter speed would control more of the ambient lighting captured. Also, my camera also allows high speed syncing with external flash at 1/1000s. Hope this explains :)

ckiang and the rest would be able to explain the details better :)

Originally posted by mpenza

When using an external flash, exposure is controlled mainly using aperture. The shutter speed would control more of the ambient lighting captured. Also, my camera also allows high speed syncing with external flash at 1/1000s. Hope this explains :)

ckiang and the rest would be able to explain the details better :)
The basic flash theory as I understand is that, in M mode, the flash will fire in full power during the shutter open/close duration. So your flash power should be much stronger than mine, but how much will the flash light return to light up the subject?

At 1/640s~1/800s for indoor shooting like this one, 1/640s~1/800s seems impossible to me:dunno: We used the same aperture and your shutter speed was -3 stops than mine, but both of our shots were well exposed, in a sense. Can a flash gun generate so much power to light up the models in such a big space? Or did I miss something important like other light sources or just the F2.8?

btw, what ISO and flash did u use?

The basic flash theory as I understand is that, in M mode, the flash will fire in full power during the shutter open/close duration. So your flash power should be much stronger than mine, but how much will the flash light return to light up the subject?

At 1/640s~1/800s for indoor shooting like this one, 1/640s~1/800s seems impossible to me:dunno: We used the same aperture and your shutter speed was -3 stops than mine, but both of our shots were well exposed, in a sense. Can a flash gun generate so much power to light up the models in such a big space? Or did I miss something important like other light sources or just the F2.8?

btw, what ISO and flash did u use?

I use manual mode for my camera but auto mode for my flash (simple flash trigger) .

Flash has very a short duration, maybe around 1/1000s to 1/10000s. Thus, as long as the shutter speed is longer than the flash duration, exposure on the "flashed" subject would be dependent on the aperture setting.

I use ISO 400 on the camera and an auto flash, Metz 32 Z-1 (an auto flash has a sensor which detects and "cuts" off the flash when sufficient exposure has been achieved). For the flash, I just zoom it to 85mm and set it to the highest power auto mode and leave it there for the whole show :)

(Your 420EX also automatically zooms in according to your lens' zoom position. Zooming in will result in a more foussed beam of light, so that less light is lost to the surrounding area not captured by the lens)

On a side note, the majority of my pics taken at F2.8 (F3.1 actually but the info is captured as F2.8) were overexposed. I've overcompensated for my flash "weakness".

007: I have high-resolution xxx shots of that model but deleted, why? they do not please my eyes;p

:thumbsup: good! (from the point of view of a decent guy, I am not) :thumbsd: :cry: no photos liao..............
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.